Thank you for your interest in Medical Services of America. We are committed to to maintaining your confidence and trust. We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that pages published on our website are accurate at the time of publication or last modification. While considerable care and effort has been taken in the gathering of the data and compilation of the global electronic links, visitors should note that errors and/or omissions may occur. Websites are by nature constantly changing so readers should always verify information with Medical Services of America before relying on it.
Medical Services of America takes no responsibility for the consequences of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information published on any pages. We have attempted to provide accurate information on this website, no representation is made or warranty given as to the completeness or accuracy of the information. MSA shall not be liable for any damages suffered by or injury caused to you, including any direct or indirect damages resulting from your access to or or inability to access this site.
Although the information on this website is of a medical nature, it cannot and should not replace direct diagnosis and consultation by your personal physician. The information is provided as is and without warranty, to help you make more informed decisions in the company of your doctor. No healthcare provider-patient relationship is established with visitors to the site unless they are already our patient. No specific advice regarding treatment or prevention of an individual's personal medical condition is provided or intended. This website is for general information only. You should consult a qualified healthcare provider if you have a question about your particular medical condition.
In no event shall Medical Services of America, Inc. or any other party, involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this website, or any of their affiliates, or the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, or agents of each of them, be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation any direct, special, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of, or your browsing in, or your links to other sites from this website.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. All information provided on this website is subject to change without notice. Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to serving you.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
TO OUR PATIENTS
As a patient, you have specific rights and responsibilities in relation to your medical equipment needs. To gain maximum benefit from your relationship with your equipment provider, it is imperative that you understand your rights and how to exercise these rights.
THE DOCTOR, YOUR EQUIPMENT PROVIDER AND THE PATIENT
In most cases, your equipment needs and treatment is based on your doctor’s prescription. You have the right to participate in decisions from the initial stages through any revisions to your care plan. You have the right to:
- Choose a healthcare provider,
- Be fully informed of your responsibilities,
- Be informed in advance about our service to you and any limitations on those services,
- Be informed of your right to formulate an Advance Directive and what to do in a medical emergency,
- Be informed in advance of the cost of services provided and any charges for which the patient is responsible,
- Be informed of any financial benefits when being referred to another provider of care,
- Make informed decisions and participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care,
- Be informed of your right to refuse care after the consequences of refusing care are fully explained to you,
- Receive appropriate care in accordance with physician orders and without discrimination, and
- Have your property and person treated with respect and consideration, and be free from mistreatment, neglect or verbal, mental, sexual and physical abuse, including injuries of an unknown source.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MAINTAINING QUALITY OF CARE
- Having a caregiver available to assist in equipment use, care, safety and maintenance,
- Following equipment guidelines as instructed,
- Informing us immediately of any equipment problems,
- Complying with equipment/service charge payment plan, if applicable, and
- Being available during normal business hours for routine delivery and servicing of the equipment.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOU
- Our service personnel will clearly identify themselves upon arrival.
- Our personnel are trained to recognize individuality, cultural diversity, and will treat you with respect and without discrimination.
- We will provide equipment and services on an on-going basis.
- Our personnel are not trained or qualified to initiate CPR. In the event of a medical emergency, 911 should be called for assistance.
- We accept the responsibility for providing your medical equipment and service needs within our capabilities. If we are unable to meet these obligations, we will assist you in making the necessary arrangements from another vendor.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
As our patient, you have every right to express your concerns without fear of repercussion or discrimination. Your concerns regarding our service or lack of respect for your property will be documented and investigated. We encourage open communication and welcome your recommendations for changes in our policy, personnel or your plan of care. The procedure for complaints and suggestions is discussed in this booklet. For routine questions concerning billing, delivery of supplies, etc., please call during our business hours from 8:30am until 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. However, if you have an equipment emergency, please call the local telephone number included in the admission packet you were provided during the initial setup.
UNDERSTANDING OUR SERVICES
During the initial setup, a qualified equipment representative will provide you with verbal and written instruction. You will be required to sign an instruction checklist indicating you have been instructed and fully understand the use, care, safety and maintenance of the equipment. If you have any question prior to signing, please don’t hesitate to ask.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS
Medical Services of America, Inc. is required by state and federal laws to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your health information. All information in relation to your medical needs will be held in strictest confidence and shared only with those who have authorization. See the Notice of Privacy Practices for details about how we may use or disclose your information and how to exercise your rights in accordance with Federal HIPAA legislation.