What is Hospice?
Hospice helps patients and their families share the best days possible as they deal with a life-limiting illness. Our goal is to add to your quality life and ensure you feel comfortable and safe as you live your remaining days as you choose.
We have a team of caregivers who are chosen to meet your unique needs. The team typically includes a:
- Physician to provide the initial referral and direction on your continual medical care
- Nurse to provide care and instructions on medications, assesses symptoms, and communicates with your physician
- Social worker to provide support to you and your family by identifying available resources
- Home health aide to provide personal care and some homemaker services
- Volunteer who may run errands, or even just sit and read to you
- Chaplain who is available for spiritual support if desired